Order ID: 1023
Location: Phillipsburg, KS
Start date subject to change
Start Date: 04-16-2023
End Date: 07-15-2023
Shift Start: 6:00pm
Shift End: 6:00am
The Medical Surgical LPN functions under the supervision and guidance of the Nursing Supervisor and participates in the multi-disciplinary process of providing care and treatment to patients and provides clinical support and technical assistance to the professional medical and other staff. Provides the highest attainable quality of individualized nursing care for each patient to ensure a safe and therapeutic environment in which the patient’s physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs are assessed and met during any stage of illness.
- Current KS License (or Compact Multi-State License)
- College Degree in Practical Nursing
- Valid BLS
- Prior experience unless in an approved Preceptor Program
- Excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Compassionate with sound judgement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work following State and Federal regulations for the licensure of the facility you are working in
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and medical software systems and Electronic medical records software
- Ability to handle stress and varied work shifts
- Desire to work with all people, irrespective of background, race or creed
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Physically able to lift patients. Knowledge and commitment to the use of a gait belt for ALL assisted transfers. Commitment to use two staff for all transfers requiring the use of a lift.
- Tactful and approachable personality.
- Ability to keep commitments and show up to confirmed shifts.
- Ability to flex to the needs of the facility.
- Follows protocol and perform accurate and thorough assessments of all patients
- Accurately assesses current status as well as preventive health status and communicates needs to charge nurse or provider
- Assists with patient education based on assessment of patient needs and clinic standards of nursing care and documents in patient record
- Provides skilled nursing care as demonstrated by safely and accurately performing technical skills (sterile dressings, EKGs, pulmonary treatments, etc.) and the safe, accurate administration of medications, IV fluids, and immunizations
- Anticipates the needs of providers related to patient visits, and assists providers with patient care
- Assumes role of advocate to ensure health needs are met including responding to patient phone messages and requests in a timely and professional manner
- Documents all provider orders, nursing actions, and interventions on patient record consistent with organizational policies
- Assists with triage patients on-site and via telephone for appropriateness and timeliness of care per provider preference
- Knowledgeable of and follows all established Infection Control guidelines and OSHA standards and participates in staff training events
- Performs proper handling and labeling of all test samples according to organizational policies
- Keeps patients/families informed of situations
- Able to perform effectively and appropriately in emergency situations
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested