Order ID: 4174
Location: Danville, VA
Start date subject to change
Start Date: 09-18-2023
End Date: 11-12-2023
Shift Start: 7:00pm
Shift End: 7:00am
The Medical Surgical RN is responsible for managing the care of the patient experiencing general medical conditions or general surgical procedures, which require general assessments related to specific conditions, and general therapies and interventions. The Medical Surgical RN is reports to the Clinical Manager for assigned Medical Surgical Unit.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure in good standing in the state of practice (or Compact License)
- Evidence of 1 year of medical surgical nursing experience within the past two years
- Evidence of BLS credential mandatory
- Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the adult or elderly patient’s immediate condition or needs within timeframe specified by client facility’s policies, procedures or protocols.
- Conducts ongoing assessments as determined by the patient’s condition and/or the client facility’s policies, procedures or protocols and reprioritizes care accordingly.
- Develops plan of care that is individualized for the patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
- Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as established by individualized plan of care for the patient and his/her family.
- Provides individualized patient/family education customized to the patient and his/her family.
- Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
- Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to adult resuscitation protocols.
- Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and client facility staff.
- Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
- Maintains current competency in medical surgical nursing.