Order ID: 803
Location: Ellsworth, KS
Start date subject to change
Start Date: 09-18-2022
End Date: 12-17-2022
Shift Start: 6:30pm
Shift End: 7:00am
You will provide assistance and care for residents/patients, supervise nursing staff, offer guidance and support, maintain a clean and safe working environment, and ensure that all operational tasks are completed efficiently and on time following the nurse practice act and state and federal regulations.
To excel in this role, you will need to be a licensed nursing professional with at least one years of experience in a healthcare environment and licensed in the state in which you practice and need to keep your nursing license current. You should enjoy working with people, have excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure and in a new environment and fast paced environment.
- Record patients’ medical records and monitor vital signs using the facilities electronic medical records software and using medical equipment.
- Supervising nursing staff and monitoring their Resident/Patient needs.
- Coordinating daily administrative & nursing duties, including medication administration, medical treatments, nursing assignments/documentation, managing all assignments, patient care and patient education.
- Overseeing asnd completing patient admissions, transfers and discharges.
Mentoring and training new staff and providing support and guidance to all staff members. Monitoring medical charts and providing compassionate care and assistance to patients and families. Providing IV administration of fluids and medications as physician ordered.
- Taking Physican orders both verbal, per phone, and written and then transcribing them accurately
- Liaising with doctors and keeping Doctors informed of their patient/resident changes and needs. Liaising with administrators DON’s and communicating any protocol or care changes to direct care staff.
- Ensuring compliance with all health both State and Federalguidelines and regulations and all safety regulations and guidelines
- Recording and maintaining accurate reports and records.
- Identifying issues or emergencies and responding in a calm and efficient manner promoting best medical outcomes.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current License in the State in which you are working in Current CPR certification
- Prior experience required unless in our accepted Preceptor Program
Excellent leadership, documentation, communication and organizational skills Compassionate with sound judgement, problem-solving, critical thinking skills and reasoning Proficient in technology and medical software systems
- Ability to handle stress and work your confirmed shifts
- Always follow the nurse practice act, specific to the State in which you are working in Ability to flex to the needs of the facility.