Order ID: 843
Location: Lakin, KS
Start date subject to change
Start Date: 11-06-2022
End Date: 12-31-2022
Shift Start: 5:00am
Shift End: 5:00pm
A Long Term (LTC) CNA will carry out a broad spectrum of duties and flex to the needs of their resident/patients and the facility they are working at. Their tasks include, but are not limited to – assisting residents/patients with personal care, emotional needs and conducting clinical duties, helping other health care staff in completion of their duties and working with medical equipment. To be successful as a CNA, you should possess a caring and nurturing personality. You should also be able to handle physically demanding tasks, such as supporting the weight of residents/patients to aid mobility, turning residents/patients, and utilizing mechanical lifts and other medical equipment.
- Current CNA license
- Previous experience in a care giving role as a CNA preferred unless in our approved Preceptor Program
- Current BLS
- Desire to work with all people, irrespective of background, race or creed
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Physically able to lift patients. Knowledge and commitment to the use of a gait belt for ALL assisted transfers. Commitment to use two staff for all transfers requiring the use of a mechanical lift.
- Tactful and approachable personality.
- Ability to keep commitments and show up to confirmed shifts.
- Ability to flex to the needs of the facility.
- Ensuring supplies and medical equipment are replenished and cleaned after use or disposed of properly
- Strict use of universal precautions
- Improve mobility of patients. Keep residents/patients clean, well-groomed and bathed, odor free, hydrated and nourished
- Take temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respirations of patients, and record results using electronic medical records software
- Documenting ADL coding for resident/patient using MDS guidelines
- Report needs and observed changes of residents/patients to the Charge Nurse
- Assist other healthcare professionals with the cares of their resident/patients as needed.
- Measure and document residents/patients’ weight accurately
- Prepare residents/patients for meals, therapy, treatments, appointments and procedures
- Make beds, give bedpans/urinal, bedside commodes and collect, empty and clean. Calculate input and output.
- Cordial, polite and respectful to all co-workers.